FRANKFORT, KY – The Family Foundation applauds Rep. Nancy Tate, the bill’s sponsor, and the House chamber for the passage of House Bill 3, the pro-life “Humanity in Healthcare Act”.
“House Bill 3 protects the health and safety of both the mother and her preborn child,” explained David Walls, Executive Director of The Family Foundation. “We look forward to seeing this commonsense, broadly supported pro-life bill becoming law in our Commonwealth.”
HB 3 is a pro-life omnibus bill containing several provisions, including:
- documentation of parental consent for minors;
- criteria for the judicial bypass process for a minor who does not want to inform parents that they are pregnant and their intent to have an abortion;
- expanding the reporting requirements for abortion to help gather appropriate statistical data;
- requiring a report with findings from an annual audit and abortion facility inspections;
- prohibiting abortion-inducing drugs from being mailed or shipped directly to a patient;
- requiring dignified disposal of preborn human remains; and
- prohibiting public agency funds from being paid to any entity, organization, or individual that performs or refers for abortion.
The “Humanity in Healthcare Act” will now be considered in the Kentucky Senate. Kentuckians who wish to encourage their Senator to pass the bill may call the Legislative Message Line at 1-800-372-7181 and visit The Family Foundation’s Action Center at kentuckyfamily.org/takeaction.
The Family Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that stands for Kentucky families and the biblical values that make them strong. Learn more at kentuckyfamily.org.